In Russia, Ukraine and the contested area of Crimea, passions have been running high for months, leading to many deaths and injuries. Honest and well-informed observers offer very different perspectives on what is happening and what the causes are. The injustices are many on all sides. Without taking sides, one thing Orthodox Christians can do is pray with fervor that more bloodshed can be avoided. To help parishes and individual believers with resources for prayer, we are providing several links. Read more…
- St. Patrick’s Challenge to Nationalism
- Where Love Is Never Treason
- Holy Disobedience
- War and Virtue
- The Inward Mission of Our Church
- Poetry in Pictures
- Loving Our Enemies: Reflections on the Hardest Commandment
- The Philokalia: a Classic Text of Orthodox Spirituality
- War and Virtue, full text keynote address OPF conference 2013
- Patriarch John X Statement (English translation) on the release from captivity of the nuns of Mar Tekla (St. Thecla) monastery in Syria
- Patriarch John X statement in Arabic
Free downloadable PDF of In Communion 66!In Communion, the quarterly journal of the Orthodox Peace Fellowship is available to all members of OPF by mail. If you've never read an issue, please download IC66 as a sample. If you find it of benefit and would like to receive each new issue in the mail, please consider becoming a member or simply making a donation to receive the journal (click on the "subscribe" link to the right). If you are already a member, please consider downloading the issue and sharing it with anyone you think might be intereseted or would benefit from receiving it. We think when people read In Communion once, they want to keep reading it--help us spread the word!
In order to reach out to new subscribers, we're making the whole of issue 66 available as a downloadable PDF file. CLICK HERE!
Click here to read back issues of journal!
Other Resources > Not everything we find valuable fits in the OPF journal. Here is a selection of supplementary texts, some of them book length, some texts of special interest. [more > ]